Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 1 in Bali

What to do in the city of Sanur?? The convenience of having a pool in your hotel...well that just makes leaving it that much harder. First, I enjoyed my free breakfast and later sat by the pool enjoying the blazing sun as my pale skin soaked in the vitamin D. How I've missed this! But after reading my book and taking a dip my anxious need to explore this city took over. Showered got dressed and on my way down the street. I saw someone rent bikes earlier and thought I'd give it a go.

What was supposed to be an hour bike ride turned into a 2 hour ride that was long and crazy. I didn't think I'd get lost if I kept an eye out for landmarks like I normally do, but after taking some turns following beach signs I ended up on some highway with all these cars & bikes whizzing by. Trying to stay calm when your lost in a foreign country isn't easy. But I decided to take this random turn and glad I did because I ended up at a kite festival on a beach :) All these colorful and unique kites all soaring in the air was something else, a site to see for sure. Families all gathered in this one spot to enjoy the festivities was great. Here's a quick video of the festival.


Although I was lost for awhile, I managed to get back safely right before dark. Whew! I'll never do that again...well unless accompanied by a GPS ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment