Sunday, August 21, 2011

Travel without hiccups…impossible

Once again, I almost missed my flight to Bali when I discovered I had to be at the domestic terminal instead of the international airport because my flight details were to fly to Brisbane first. Doh! So for a good 30-45 minutes I’m rushing to find my flight number on the screens, asked flight attendants who directed me back and forth from one end of the airport to the other. This was one of those situations I really wished I had a rolling luggage as I was probably carrying 50lbs between 3 bags. After not finding my flight number on the screen, I realized that I had to be at the other terminal. I ran down the escalator, caught an expensive taxi ride to the domestic terminal and yet another hiccup as I went to check in. I needed to book a flight out of Bali and have a printed itinerary before they can let me board the plane. Que!? I begged and pleaded and since the flight was late in boarding everyone, they let me board my flight to Brisbane. Upon arrival, I had to immediately grab my bags, take them to the international terminal and book a flight before I boarded the plane. Luckily, I had just enough time to book my ticket and board my flight to Denpasar, Bali. Yowsa…that was a rocky ride to get out of Oz. I hope this wasn’t a precursor to what was to come.
After boarding the flight to Bali, I got to sit down next to this guy who was from Venezuela. He was a really nice man in his 30’s who was going to Bali with his mates to go surfing for 3 weeks. Boy was I jealous…I had only 10 days. But hey beggars can’t be choosers; at least I get to go period. Best part about the flight he went to go sit with his friend and I got the row all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment